"Noise canceling headphones are worth EVERY PENNY!!"
Our main points:
1. Use a search engine like Kayak.com to get a general over view on ticket prices.
2. If a direct flight is available, book it! More often than not, you'll save time, energy and money in the end!
3. Pack all your essentials in your carry on. We always have lip balm, hand cream, deodorant, toothpaste, various medications (like allergy, ibuprofen, anti nausea etc.), eye drops, dental floss and more. If your luggage gets lost you'll be MUCH happier!
4. Dress appropriately for the flight. No light colored clothes! They are begging for stains. We usually bring comfortable clothes to change into on long haul flights.
5. Noise canceling headphones are worth EVERY PENNY!
6. Drink as much water as possible to avoid dehydration and fatigue.
7. Eat before take off and landing to avoid air sickness.
Jet lag tips
1. Stay up until 9 or 10pm wherever you land. Especially tricky when traveling from the USA to Europe, as most flights land in the AM!!
2. When it's time for bed, take a sleep aid.
3. The following morning, so some light exercise to fight adrenaline and revive tired muscles.
4. Take 1000 mg of vitamin C for the first 3-4 days of jet lag for your immune system.
There are lots of other pointers we probably have and forgot, but we hope this will get you started and make your future travels relaxed and successful!